- Update: Delta Sky Priority Signage Appearing at airports (Austin)
- Delta News: New “Sky Priority” Benefits for High-Revenue Elites to be Announced Spring 2010
- Delta Airlines Sky Priority Details Published On Delta.com, Launch 4/15/2010
- Update: Experience Delta Sky Priority – Atlanta to Manila (A Marketing Bust…)
- Update: Delta Airlines, Sky Priority, Won me back…
- Update: SkyPriority Boarding Process Reverts Back (Slightly)
SkyMilesInsider posted on FlyerTalk the details of the new Sky Priority that is on its way. Delta has launched the official site supporting the new program. This is follow up to previous posts – Update: Sky Priority Signage and Delta Sky Priority Coming in Spring. According to the Delta Website:
Sky Priority is our way of showing our most valued customers that we appreciate your business and want to do all we can to save you time as you travel. It is a suite of improved, more exclusive benefits designed to move you through your journey faster and provide an overall better travel experience.
From booking to baggage claim, you’ll enjoy enhanced benefits like:
Faster Check-in: Access dedicated check-in areas at the airport to help you move through the process faster.
Accelerated Security: Walk through expedited security lines at select airports so you can get on your way as soon as possible.
Highest Boarding Priority: Board in Zone 1, so you can enter first to secure the best overhead bins or take your seat at your leisure—the choice is yours.
Expedited Baggage Service: Have your bags delivered first to the carousel so you can head home or to your next meeting with no delay.
Exclusive Reservation Line: Access an elite team of personal representatives, available 24/7 when you call the number on the back of your Medallion credentials.
Additional Benefits: Earn coupons for checking in online, enjoy earlier access to exit rows and forward cabin seats, and use priority lanes at Baggage Service Offices and Need Help Centers.
From the FT community, the new program is being received with mixed reviews. For those passengers that often fly in paid first/business elite cabin, it would seem to devalue their ticket by boarding all Sky Priority in Group 1. My largest complaint with DL is their boarding process. Zone 2 is incredibly big, and the way the people crowd the gates, even in Zone 1, I can rarely get through to board, unless I camp out. I would have liked to see Delta do something a little different.
- Increase the number of Boarding Zones they Airline uses, allowing Zone 1 to remain First/Business Elite, but expand the Zone 2 Boarding group based on Tiers.
- Adjust the boarding lanes for “Sky Priority” to have the lane be closest to the agent, not farthest
Flying back from Fort Lauderdale, I was reminded how much I don’t care for the boarding, and I miss how United greatly improved upon it. I have to give DL some credit, for making a change in the current economy, hopefully this will allow them to remain competitive with the other carriers that already have similar programs.
Delta’s overall goal: We believe that these changes will provide a more consistent experience and travel path to Sky Priority eligible customers. As we move forward with the complete roll-out of Sky Priority, we will work to include your feedback in the program and encourage you to let us know how we are doing along the way by frequently completing our customer surveys.